|On May 23rd, AB86 held a webinar on Teacher Involvement.|
Three leaders from ACCEL Regional Consortia (San Mateo County), described how they are including teachers in the RC planning process and answered questions from teachers around the state who called in.
The leaders were
* Tim Doyle, ACCEL Project Manager, and Assistant Director of San Mateo Adult School
* Patricia Brown, ACCEL Steering Committee member, ESL Teacher at San Mateo Adult School
* Leigh Ann Shaw, ACCEL Steering Committee member, CSI Representative, Skyline College
For a quick overview of the new Regional Consortia system and the ACCEL RC, go here.
Teachers who called in to ask questions included
* Julia Ann Carson, CFT Adult Ed Commission Co-Chair, UTLA member, Teacher in Los Angeles
* Ernest Kettenring, CFT Adult Ed Commission Member, UTLA member, Teacher in Los Angeles
* Kathy Jasper, CFT Executive Council member, CFT Adult Ed Commission Member, San Jose Federation of Teachers, Teacher in San Jose
To hear a recording of the webinar, click here to go to the AB86 Webinar page then scroll down till you see this: